Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Papa’s Got Water

Living in the woods means helping your neighbors when you can. For me, it means whenever a friend has a problem I drop what I am doing to help. It also means whatever I am working on takes three times as long as it should and my honey-do list rarely gets done. Aggravates the wife a little bit so I try to do that stuff when she’s working (not that I help others but the honey-do list never seems to get shorter). When she’s off I’m all business on my own stuff. Looks good.

Papa is an old friend who lives up the road from me. Nice man but won’t ask for anything or a bit of help no matter what. His grandson got in a little bit of trouble a while back and had to move in with him. When he did he found Papa’s didn’t have indoor plumbing. He was using a thunder bucket that his girlfriend would dump every day.  I was pretty upset that he didn’t have the plumbing and told my wife I would help him. When I told my wife about it she didn’t seem too surprised. Not about Pap’s not having plumbing or me wanting to help.

Now you might think “Aw, poor old man living alone in the woods without a toilet.” Not so. Papa has his girlfriend living with him. There is an unwritten law in this world that says a man might not have looks or smarts but can win a woman if he has a few bucks. His girlfriend is 35 years younger than him, young enough to help him spend his money and give him bragging rights. Ask him about her and he just gets the biggest shit-eating grin you ever saw. Nuff said.

Well, anyway, the plumbing was for Papa. He’s got water again and still has his bragging rights.

While I am at it, here’s a couple of things I did get done from the honey-do list.

Vintage Red Metal  Shelf

Vintage Red Metal Shelf

 

Vintage Mint Green Display Shelf

Vintage Mint Green Display Shelf

Post by Dan Patterson of MetalWoodsnWater.etsy and MetalWoodsnWater.artfire

No comments:

Post a Comment