Sunday, March 27, 2011

Creating the Orchard (oops, I found the water line)

Well, I finally got a backhoe over to the house to start clearing out stunps. My wife was saying at the rate we were going we'd be harvesting fruit long before the trees were ever planted. Talk about pressure. Nothing like a doubting wife to get a job going.
I jumped on that machine and started digging at a big stump when water started coming up from the ground like a geyser. You'd have thought we were at Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming. Worst part was when I turned off the water we had no water to the house. No water to drink, no shower, and, worst of all, no coffee!
I have to hand it to the wife. She was upset but took it in stride. No yelling, no fussing, just "How are we making coffee for morning?" About that time she remember a couple of gallons she had stashed for emergencies and no coffee in the A.M. constitutes an emergency.
Well, early this morning I got the water going again and spent the day digging up stumps. Still have a lot of work to go but at least a portion is done. I can see an end in sight now. I can plant the trees and build a carport for the wife. The rest will come in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment